Saturday 26 May 2012

Volunteering through a positive force

The recent stresses of globalisation stresses everyone we know out. We may feel helpless because our jobs are on the line, our wages are depressed by global competition, and we don't have enough social safety net to cling on whenever we are unlucky enough to fail.

I want to thrive in the current global economy. I want to overcome our current obstacles. I also know I am fortunate to still have some choices to have some time for good things in life, such as volunteering.

So they are the motivations why I decide to work for the autism community.

I see volunteering as a good way to reduce my own stress levels in the competitive economy. It is a positive tool for me to better enable myself to contribute to our society. It can improve my ability to work with others, as well as raising our society's capacity to do even more greater things, through empowerment of the disadvantaged through volunteering.

We do self-improvement and learn together with those I interact with, so we can move forward together with resilience and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment